What is Eagle Agency?
Eagle Agency is an independent agency operated by the Big “I.” It is an exclusive personal lines benefit for Big “I” members. As
an Eagle Agent you maximize independence by choosing either to be
appointed to sub-produce policies or just simply submit personal lines
business on the Big I Markets website for quote and issue as needed. For
both options the Eagle Company Partners are the same: Travelers,
MetLife Auto and Home, The Hartford and Progressive. If you choose
appointment there is a minimum required two (2) new lines policies a
month for each Company. If you are not sure the Agency can commit to two
new line policies a month, choose Eagle Express. There is no minimum per month policy requirement with Eagle Express.
Is there a membership cost?
Yes, there is a one time, non-refundable fee of $100.
Who should apply for Eagle?
with prior insurance industry experience as an independent agent,
captive agent, direct writer, company underwriter or personnel or claims
representative. If you are thinking about becoming an independent agent
or are an agent relatively newly in business, Eagle Agency can be an
especially good fit for you.
Eagle Agency Submission and Appointment Requirements:
work closely with carriers to qualify prospective Eagle agents. To be
considered for an Eagle appointment, you must be a member in good
standing of your Big "I" state association. The candidate will also provide:
- Business Plan
- Agency principal’s resume
- Copy of Errors and Omissions Declaration with a minimum of $1,000,000
- Agency License
- Agent License(s)
- If you are a current agent, production loss reports from the top three personal lines carriers
- Core Business Requirements
- Active membership with your Big “I” State Association
- Hold valid Property/Casualty Licenses
- Maintain Errors and Omission coverage with at least a minimum limit of $1,000,000
- Computer with Microsoft Windows based operating system (sorry, Eagle automation is not compatible with Mac)